Welcome to the Manchester Adults Policies, Procedures and Practice (APPP) site. This site has been written for staff in the adult social care directorate in Manchester City Council, but you are very welcome to access the information here.
The site is divided into two main areas:
- the policies, procedures and practice chapters (the Contents); and
- the Resources section, which contains lots of information useful to workers in the adult social care sector.
You are welcome to read any of the chapters, but if you would like short summaries of key information we also provide Quick Reads and Audios. Click on the link to read the information or listen to the audio recordings. We regularly add new ones, so call back again to have a look at what is new.
We provide a Glossary, which is a list of key words and phrases used in adult social care. Hopefully this will help explain any terms you are not sure about.
There is a page called Using this APPP Portal which tells you how to find your way round the site.
It is an open access site so members of the public can view most of the information, although there is one area – Local Policies – that is only for staff.
As well as this site, there is other related information for Manchester citizens, including:
- Manchester City Council Website, Social Services;
- Manchester Local Care Organisation;
- Help and Support Manchester Adults Care and Support.
Thank you for visiting this site. We hope you find it useful.